- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Amaro Lucano or Averna
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
1. Mix the Cocktail: Combine the rye, amaro and bitters into a mixing glass and fill with ice. Using a bar spoon, stir the cocktail for 10-15 seconds to chill.
2. Strain the Cocktail: Using a julep or hawthorne strainer, pour the cocktail into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish the Cocktail: Using a cherry. *If you're feelin' fancy shmancy, grab some vanilla tobacco and torch it a bit. Trap the smoke with a decanter. After you mix the drink, pour it into the decanter with the smoke. Briefly let it sit, and give it a couple whirls and pour it into the coupe glass.