Four Roses Cranberry Citrus Cocktail
- 2 oz Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Amaro (I used Amaro Montenegro)
- 1/2 oz Spiced Cranberry Syrup
- 2 oz Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
1. Mix the Cocktail: Combine the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake for 10 seconds to chill the cocktail.
2. Strain the Cocktail: Strain the cocktail into a rocks over glass.
3. Garnish the Cocktail: Place a fresh sprig of rosemary, speared cranberries and an orange wedge into the cocktail.
How to Make Cranberry Spiced Syrup:
In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of cranberries, 2-3 broken up cinnamon sticks and 2-3 star anise. Bring to a light simmer until the cranberries start to break and release juices. You can press them down as they start to break to facilitate the process. Reduce the heat, and pour in 2 cups of sugar and lightly stir to dissolve. Turn off the stove, and let the syrup sit for an hour or so to cool. Strain out the solid ingredients and store the syrup in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Notes: To batch this cocktail in larger quantities, simply multiply the ingredient ratios provided by the amount of cocktails you're looking to serve.
This post was created in partnership with Four Roses. Thank you for supporting our brand partners!