Fresh Start Sangria
This drink is a special one. Was lucky enough to do a collaboration with Christine, of @C.R.A.V.I.N.G.S for a fruity/fresh start to the new year type of brunch. If you're like me, and tired of living on store bought rotisseries chickens and pre-packaged spinach salads, then you should probably do your appetite a favor and check out her site. This fresh start sangria, paired with Christine's Berry Biscuit Waffles, will blow your mind. Do you even brunch, bro?
- 1 Bottle of White Wine (e.g. Pinot Grigio)
- 1.5 oz Elderflower Liqueur
- 2.5 oz Gin
- 1/2 Cup of Raspberries
- 3-4 Lemon Slices
- 2-3 Sprigs of Rosemary
1. In a glass pitcher, drop in the 1/2 cup of raspberries, 2-3 rosemary sprigs, and 3-4 lemon slices. Pour in your bottle of white wine, elderflower liqueur, gin, and gently stir to combine the liquids.
2. Let the glass pitcher chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to release all the flavors of the fruit and rosemary. (If you don’t have time to wait 3-4 hours, you can definitely serve immediately. Still tastes amazing, just know it won’t have the full infusion of the fruit and rosemary flavor).
3. After 3-4 hours, remove from the refrigerator and stir gently.
4. Serve in a wine glass filled with ice, 4-5 raspberries, lemon wedge, sprig of rosemary and a lemon wheel garnish.