- 2.5 oz Bourbon
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
1. Build this cocktail in the same glass you’ll be drinking from. In the glass, add in the fresh mint leaves and simple syrup.
2. Gently and briefly muddle the mint and simple syrup to release the flavor. (If you mash the mint like an ogre it’s going to taste bitter so please don’t use the muddler like a jackhammer).
3. Pour in the bourbon whiskey, and top with some crushed ice. Gently stir for a few seconds.
4. Pack the rocks glass with more crushed ice until it is above the rim of the glass.
5. Garnish with a couple sprigs of mint. (Drop of angostura bitters on top is optional).