- 2 oz Rye Whiskey or Cognac
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Splash of Absinthe to rinse the glass
1. Put the rocks glass in the freezer to chill (or fill with ice) while you build the cocktail.
2. Combine the rye whiskey, simple syrup, and bitters into a mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir for 15-20 seconds until chilled.
3. Grab your rocks glass from the freezer (or empty out the ice) and pour in a splash of absinthe. Rinse it around the inside of the glass and pour it out.
4. Strain the drink into your chilled rocks glass. Express the oils from a lemon peel into the drink, rub around the rim of the glass and drop the lemon peel into the glass (can also discard).
5. Let the sazerac warm your bones!