Vanilla Bean Brandy Sazerac
- 2 oz Vanilla Bean Infused Brandy XO
- 1/4 oz Demerara Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 2 Dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- Splash of Absinthe to rinse the glass
- Bar Spoon
- Mixing Glass
- Jigger or Small Liquid Measuring Glass
- Rocks Glass
1. Before building the cocktail, put a small splash of absinthe into a rocks glass and place in the freezer to chill the glass.
2. Combine the vanilla bean infused brandy, syrup, and bitters into a mixing glass. Add ice and stir to chill the cocktail.
3. Remove the glass from the freezer and rinse the absinthe around the glass to coat. Toss out the excess absinthe. Strain the cocktail into the rocks glass. Express the back of a lemon peel over the rocks glass, and drop in or discard.
How to Make Vanilla Bean Infused Brandy Vanilla bean infused spirit: use 2 vanilla bean pods per 750ml bottle. Split the vanilla beans vertically and place inside the bottle. Let sit at room temp for 2-3 days, gently shaking occasionally. Strain out the vanilla bean/seeds through a coffee filter or cheesecloth.